By making sure you recycle right, you protect our workers safety, make sure our machinery isn’t damaged, save us money in tip fees and prevent recyclable items from being contaminated.
Thank you for 'Recycling Right', it makes a difference.
- Rigid plastic containers (numbers 1-6 in the recycling triangle symbol on the container) Plastics 1, 2 and 5 can be recycled by bringing the items to our Chaston St Site.
- Steel cans
- Aluminium cans, trays and foil
- Paper (not shredded)
- Glass bottles and jars
- NO plastic bags or cling film - recycle through Coles and Woolworths Redcycle Program
- NO polystyrene
- NO crockery or glassware
- NO small appliances
- NO clothing or linen
- NO light bulbs or batteries
- NO food or garden waste
- NO nappies
- NO chemical, fuel, oil or poison containers
What we can't recycle
- Window glass
- Plastic bags of recycling (tied up)
- Hoses (incl. dripper)
- Rope and string
- Petrol or chemical containers
- Gas bottles
- Electrical appliances
- Dead animals
- Scrap metal
- Christmas decorations
- Plastic plates and cutlery
Did you know you can also recycle these items through our drop off services?
*Please do not place these items in your recycling bin.